Thursday, May 12, 2011

Anna update ...pics to come later

We had a wonderful last minute/surprise visit to Virginia for Easter. It was one of those "I'm going to America...tomorrow" kind of trips. There were several reasons of course, but there also happened to be a soldier in Brian's company who needed his dress blues to be in America the next day and that kind of sealed the deal for the trip. I was glad to help Josh out, see family and the Easter bunny of course.

During our stay with my sister Anna's vocabulary doubled! Ahhh the joys of a speech therapist! We had been working on several signs with her: please, thank you, cracker, love. When she wants something she points to it and signs milk, which is OK, since she and I both know what she wants, which is the whole point of signing at this age. She really nailed them down within 24 hours of being in Virginia. Jenni also taught her to sign sorry She also nailed down a few spoken words: duck, door, more, up. I was just amazed at how quick Jenni could get her to mimic any sound she made. Jenni feel free to comment if I forgot words.

She has also learned to blow kisses, snap her fingers and in the last few days...jump!

edit: I forgot to add she signs potty and wash hands (as she reminded me today!)

No comments: