The past year has been amazing! We've met so many wonderful new friends, German and American and had so many wonderful adventures.
In the past year we've been to Germany (of course), Austria (too many times to count), Italy (twice together), Croatia (everything I expected Italy to be...that it wasn't), Slovenia, Spain (dry, hot, and sandy) and Egypt (dry, hot, sandy...and they have camels!). I also traveled to Rome, Italy with my friend Shannon from the states and Poland and Prague, Czech Republic when my Aunt Chris was visiting last month. Overall it's been amazing, and even though Brian will deploy sometime in 2009 I hope we will continue to travel as much as possible until the day he leaves.
My only regret is that I would have started this blog sooner...I feel like I have so much catching up to do.
On our way to Rothenburg, at the Colmberg fortress. Brian, Achim and Josh. (December)

Did someone say sausage? Our first Christmas Market in the famous Christmas City, Rothenburg.

On top of the world...ok ok ok...on top of Germany! The Zugspitz, Germany's tallest mountain. (December)
Visiting the Pope, while in Rome. (January)

They sure do have fancy TVs here. (marriage retreat with our church - February)

First BIG snow. While working in Garmisch, Germany during the spring we got a little snow...it took me 45 minutes to dig out my car for my 1/2 mile drive to work. The Germans of course rode their bikes. (March - the day after Easter)

AHHHH! Now this is what I'm taking about! Hurghada, Egypt. (It snowed the morning we left for our trip...I was never so happy to see the ocean! - April)

oh and I met a new friend.

We headed to Croatia with a few friends. Josh, Derrek, Jake, Catie, Brian and Nicole (Memorial Day weekend and our Anniversary!)

In June we headed for a little family va-cay in Bertchesgaden, Germany.

Then in July we headed down to Sacile and Venice, Italy to visit Derrek before he moved up to Germany.

For Labor Day it was off to Spain for one last fun in the sun trip for the summer.

In September my Aunt Chris came to visit. Here we're at the The Documentation Center Nazi Party Rallying Grounds Nürnberg. German: Dokumentationszentrum Reichsparteitagsgelände

Needless to say it's been an amazing year!! We look forward to future visitors and more adventures. In the coming weeks and months I'm going to *TRY* to post summeries of our trips with more photos of each adventure. We'll see.
Cole
No comments:
Post a Comment