I had a pretty average day. I got home from dropping Brian off at 4am. Fell asleep around 5 and got up around 11 to head into work (they knew I'd be in at 1 today). Normal blah day at work, but my 2 co-workers in the Illesheim office are fantastic and funny and cheered me up all day long!
Anywho, got home, let the girls out, got some dinner, checked my email...all very normal things. Around 8-8:30 every night Brian and I take the girls for a walk either to Neudorf and back (the next town over - the long loop) or the short loop around our neighborhood. Well when Ginger came and laid her head on my knee at 7:45 I think she knew he wasn't coming home and wanted to go for a walk. We got ready and headed out - now here's where I have to back up and make a note - we always leave a key under our mat, always. Let's just say that some...ok most of the time I forget to put it back under the mat and Brian yells at me. But anywho, last night when I got home at 4am, I wasn't thinking and didn't put it back. Fast forward again, so I put collars and leashes on the girls and we head out. As soon as I shut the door I knew. I forgot to unlock it and low and behold there was no key under the mat. Let's just say I've locked myself out of this house on a few occasions and leave it at that. Thankfully I had left the porch door open. Ginger likes to sit on the porch at night so I just leave the door open and she comes and goes as she pleases. I thought to myself, well we might as well get our walk over with and then I'll worry about getting back into the house. We did the short loop, I was feeling lazy and headed home. Got the black trash can out, rolled it around to the side of our house, behind the big tree, beside the porch and climbed up the side of our house onto the porch - no easy task - considering when I'm standing on the trash can the porch is still above my shoulders. I kept wondering how in the world I did this in the past and was I wearing flip flops that time too?! Whew.
As Brian is reading this, he's either rolling on the floor laughing or shaking his head at me. He hasn't even been gone 24 hours and I've already locked myself out of the house.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment