Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day!

Last Thursday Brian left for medevac duty in Hohenfels (Ho-Ho as we call it). We thought he was all done pulling duty cycles for awhile, but he volunteered to pull duty for a friend who was set to go out. He's been getting some flight time - which is never a bad thing. The dogs and I, along with another spouse, Casey Barbin (whos husband is the medic on duty) rode out to visit the boys on Sunday and Monday. We had a nice visit, the dogs got to run around lots and of course get LOTS of attention and treats. I came in second in poker and almost came home with the huge $12 pot. Not bad for my 3rd time playing. It's always pretty lonely when Brian is out on duty, but it gives me a chance to catch up on all the shows that he doesn't like to watch. ;)

Anywho I thought I'd share some photos of my favorite veteran.
Brian
Photobucket

Brian and his crew
Photobucket

Out on duty at Grafenwoehr
Photobucket

Our other pilot in the family...
Photobucket


Last week I started a post never finished it....so I thought I'd copy and paste a bit of what's going on:

Monday morning I had an appointment with my Diabetologist, Dr. Ardendt,(a referral from my WONDERFUL OB-GYN Dr. Swartz). Dr. Ardendt informed me that she couldn't do blood work because I had some coffee for breakfast and told me to come back on Tuesday. This worked out great, because then I could make Brian go with me to hold my hand. I don't do well with blood or needles in fact the last time Dr. Swartz had to take blood I fainted (2 weeks ago). Tuesday I arrived at my appointment, checked in and waited. They called me back and I told them I was a fainter and they took me in another room so I could lay down when she took blood. Well after a couple tries in my left arm and one try in my right they got the amount they needed, and I didn't even pass out although now I look like a drug user with all the needle marks in my arms! Then I got my finger pricked, I thought "didn't you just take enough? You need more? Drank a glass of what tasted like super sweet cranberry juice, waited an hour, more blood work, waited an hour, more blood work and I was free to leave. I was told my blood sugar was ok, but Dr. Ardendt would call me in a week to let me know the results of the rest of my blood tests. I guess then she'll let me know if I have to start metformin.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Just wanted to say hi and tell you how much I've enjoyed checking out your blog today. It reminds me of some of the best times my hubbie and I had before kiddos! We were newlyweds while he was stationed at Ft.Campbell, KY, and we both still remember all the fun times we shared with friends there... I can only imagine if we'd been in Germany or somewhere else overseas! I'll read and live vicariously through you now... thanks.