Monday, November 17, 2008

When Hedgehogs attack!

For the past few weeks every night when I take the girls out for 'one last pee' before bed we've been seeing at least 1 hedgehog in our yard. Kyla and Ginger run up to them, sniff them and RUN away. Throughout the 5-10 minutes we're outside they run back to the hedgehog to see if it's still there then run away again. There is a small area just off our front porch that isn't lit by our porch light and isn't lit by the street light either. No big deal, it's only 5 of so feet. Well last night Mr. Hedgehog thought it would be funny to sit on the sidewalk and when I stepped down off the last step I kicked him, but all I felt was his little 'hairs' STAB me in the leg. I actually think there were two hedgehogs, cause I swear I heard one run away. But then I was afraid to walk back to the porch for fear I might step on him again. I went for it and ran back inside to grab a flash light and the camera.

our friend...all balled up
Photobucket

Photobucket

Never again will I go out without a flashlight.

No comments: