Sunday, July 5, 2009

Looooong weekends.

Uncle Sam was nice enough to give me the day off on Friday, Thank You taxpayers! ;) So I decided to spend it mowing grass and cleaning my house. Of course now it takes me a solid 4 hours to mow and rake our little yard. I'd mow a little, stop, rest, drink water, mow, stop, rest, drink, mow, sit, rest. You get the point.

Saturday was more of the same, the girls and I took not one but two adventures to one of our favorite fields. The first time was pretty hot, but the girls got to chase a deer for a bit and I ate some cherries off a cherry tree I found. They were AMAZING. The second time, it started thundering shortly after we got there and Kyla of course wants nothing to do with weather. Rain, the thought of rain, thunder, snow, anything, she's not a happy camper. So she jumped back in the BMW Bo Duke style. Ginger and I hung out in the field a little longer and finally headed back home. I skipped out on the fireworks, it started pouring down rain about the time I was going to leave, so I just decided to stay home and hang out with the dogs.

Today was again, more of the same. Sometimes it just feels good to stay home and do a lot of nothing....well and a little cleaning. We did head into town to get some dog food with another stop at a field. No thunder today, but Kyla was doing her best to work the kinks out of her Dukes of Hazard routine. It was really hot, neither of them really wanted to run, so we headed home and later took a 1.5 hour walk to Neudorf and back (about 2.5 miles with our extra loop). It takes a long time when you have to stop and sniff every single flower and snail along the way.

Just call me Bo Duke from now on Mom!
Photobucket

I love fields
Photobucket

Gingers always been a biter. This was just before Kyla jumped back into the car via the window.
Photobucket

Just enjoying the sunshine
Photobucket

No comments: