We didn't get hit like the east coast did, but it finally got below freezing, and WAAAAAY below freezing at that. I like freezing, freezing is good, the ground gets hard, my dogs don't have muddy paws and it's snows! But seriously a high of 9* and a low of 1* is not cool. Not cool at all, down right COLD! Pun intended! It's been snowing here all week, a little bit everyday, but not a lot has been sticking to the roads, well Friday night we got 3-4" and yesterday it was insanely cold, so I didn't go outside, I am amazed my dogs did. Ginger is a fair weather dog, she doesn't like it hot and doesn't like it cold either, but she's spent a good part of the last two days outside. Coming inside with a white face each time. Yesterday I ran out of apple juice. Oh dear. So today I shoveled, swept and salted the driveway and headed to the commissary with the girls.
Horses from my kitchen window, digging out some grass to munch on:
3 of our 5 apple trees and our cherry tree: (I did step on the porch to take this)
A view of our landlords farm and the town of Wiedersbach:
Salt is my friend and when the guy at 'self help' asked me if I wanted 2 buckets or 1, I should have said 2 - I'll go get some more tomorrow. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment