Our lovely new house is well...lovely and dated. The Germans sure do love some crush velvet wallpaper...did I mention with patterns?! Lovely. Yes. Lovely. I can stand most of the rooms, but like any new mom, I have a vision of what my little girl's room will look like, and it doesn't include circa 1980s wallpaper. Sadly when I went to OBI (like Home Depot) I found that the wallpaper isn't circa 1980s, you can in fact, still buy it today. I did not and opted for the plain white instead. Yes, I'm re-wallpapering a room. I never thought I'd say those words or type them for that matter. Yes, I'm putting UP wallpaper. But let me explain, the German walls are crazy rough plaster and no fun to paint without some work, so it's just easier to put up white wallpaper - and paint if you want. I shall leave it white.
Brya's room. The blind is down b/c it was really bright and sunny and it blew out my photograph if I didn't close it. She has a nice view of the horse field beside our house as well as the town church.

This section came down last night in about 5 minutes. My ADD kicked in and I just happen to walk into the room and started tearing down paper.

Today I did almost an entire wall in about 15 minutes. It's very calming. I might be a little sad when this part of the process is over and I actually have to hang something in it's place.
No comments:
Post a Comment