I've been in Turkey since last Saturday - hard to believe it's been almost a week! I spent the first part of the week in a small village near the town of Izmir on the west coast, laying by the beach and pool. Relaxing, swimming and trying to convince a very stubborn mama cat with one adorable kitten that I really was her friend. At least when I left she had stopped hissing at me.
Today I flew to Istanbul! I'm love love lovin' it! Turkey is a fantastic country - with a decent exchange rate and vendors who want to haggle. Today I got a throw for 20 lira...he was asking 45. (20 lira is about $13). The people are great, there's lots to see I'm excited about the rest of my weekend. Today I hit up part of the Grand Bazaar and the Blue Mosque, tomorrow I"m going to the Spice Bazaar. I'll have TONS of photos to post when I get back home. I'm off to find some coffee...not Turkish coffee...just plain ole coffee with sugar and cream. Now if I can remember where I saw the Starbucks!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment