Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dear Better Homes and Gardens:

I'm a huge BH&G fan. I used to take my grandmothers old magazines back to college with me when I lived in Savannah. Then I grew up and had to get my own subscription. What's that? You want the June 03 issue? That's right I have it. December 2000? I got it too. August 2005? I'm on it. January is always one of my favorite issues because it's a fresh start to a new year and it's always about organizing. The cover reads Cool, Calm and Decluttered. That's what I want my life to be like this year. Out with...not the old, just the things I don't need or use.
From their article 25 ways to declutter for the new year:

#3. Ask yourself 3 things: Do I LOVE it? Do I USE it? and Could someone else use it?

#7. Relegating a sentimental item you no longer have use for to a box in the closet, basement or attic does nothing to honor it. Instead, take a photo of the item and put it in a scrapbook or load it on a digital photo frame. Then donate the item. It's both space saving and respectful.

#25. Attics, basements and garages harbor lots of items you haven't seen or used in a while, which also makes them prime candidates for purging. Clear them first so when you takle your living areas you'll have storage space waiting.

These were a few I really read and thought YES! I NEED to do this. I need to clean out my basement storage room!!

My goal is 30 minutes a day after Anna goes to sleep until my house is PURGED!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How after all this time am I just now realizing that you too have a blog?! I have been in the dark apparently! Thanks for your sweet comments on our blog. Question for you: did you find that co-sleeping for so long kept Anna from being able to nap on her own during the day? love the BH&G tips! I love purging and organizing!!