Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday.

Wednesday night Anna was up all night. She went down at 7 like usual. Then woke up at 8 and fell right back to sleep. Then woke up again at midnight, Brian went and checked on her, then 15 minutes later she was up again screaming her poor little head off. Since we weaned from our night feedings she has been amazing through the night. 11 hours every night. What a champ! I'm lazy so I brought her back to bed with me and we cuddled, but she continued to scratch her legs and tug on her diaper all night long. She also had a HOT HOT diaper when she peed. Not just warm, it was HOT! Needless to say, not much sleep for Anna and I which lead to a grumpy Anna on Thursday. Still tugging at her diaper on Thursday I made a doctors appointment for her on Friday. (No fever, but I think she might have a UTI) Our appointment on Friday was at 11. Our clinic closes at noon on Friday, so there wasn't much that could be done. They told me she didn't have a fever (which I knew), but since they were closing, there wasn't time to do lab work. I was told to take her to the krankenhaus (hospital) if she developed a fever or it seemed to get worse. Gotta love government health care! It's ok, I'd rather see the Germans anyway.

As I was sitting in the clinic waiting for our appointment, it made me super happy to think that we haven't been to do the doctor with Anna other than her well baby appointments. Thank goodness!

Brian is off to the field for two weeks to teach some infantry guys about medevac. We will miss daddy dearly ...especially since he was gone for 5 days a few weeks ago, but it could be worse, it could be two months!

I've been busy teaching pottery on Sundays and trying to keep up with a busy 1 year old...err tornado! Not much else to report really.

No comments: